- Newport, J. Shorthouse, D. J., Manning, A. D. (2012) The effects of light and noise from urban development on biodiversity: implications for protected areas in Australia. Ecological Management and Restoration, in review
- Manning, A. D., Wood, J. T., Cunningham, R. B., McIntyre, S., Shorthouse, D. J., Gordon, I. J. and Lindenmayer, D. B. (2011) Integrating research and restoration: the establishment of a long-term woodland experiment in south-eastern Australia. Australian Zoologist 35(3): 633-648.
- Shorthouse, D.J., Iglesias, D., Jeffress, S., Lane, S., Mills, P., Woodbridge, G., McIntyre, S., Manning, A.D., (2012). The ‘making of’ the Mulligans Flat – Goorooyarroo experimental restoration project. Ecological Management Restoration, 13, 112–125.
- Bennett, V.A., Doerr, E.D., Manning, A.D., Lindenmayer, D.B., Yoon, H.J. (2013) Habitat Selection and Behaviour of a Reintroduced Passerine: Linking Experimental Restoration, Behaviour and Habitat Ecology, PLOS ONE, 8(1), Article
- Bennett, V.A., Doerr, E.D., Manning, A.D., Lindenmayer, D.B., Yoon, H.J. (2012) Habitat Selection and Post-Release Movement of Reintroduced Brown Treecreeper Individuals in
Restored Temperate Woodlandy, PLOS ONE, 7(12), Article
- Sheean, V.A., Manning, A.D., Lindenmayer, D.B. (2012) An assessment of scientific approaches towards species relocations in Australia, Austral Ecology, 37, 204-215. Abstract
- Bennett, V.A., Doerr, V.A.J, Doerr, E.D., Manning, A.D. and Lindenmayer, D.B. (2012) The anatomy of a failed reintroduction: a case study with the Brown Treecreeper, Austral Ecology, 37, 204-215. Abstract
- McIntyre, S., Stol, J., Harvey, J., Nicholls, A. O., Campbell, M., Reid, A., Manning, A. D. and Lindenmayer, D. (2010). Biomass and floristic patterns in the ground layer vegetation of
box-gum grassy eucalypt woodland in Goorooyarroo and
Mulligans Flat Nature Reserves, Australian Capital Territory. Cunninghamia, 11(3): 287–307. Abstract
- Manning, A.D., Cunningham, R. B., Lindenmayer, D. B., in press, Bringing forward the benefits of coarse woody debris in ecosystem recovery under different levels of grazing and vegetation density, Biological Conservation, (2012), Abstract
- Manning A. D. et al. Restoring woody debris to woodlands for reptiles: a rapid response.
- Barton, P.S., Cunningham, S.A., Macdonald, B.C.T., McIntyre, S., Lindenmayer, D.B., and Manning, A.D. (2013). Species traits predict biodiversity dynamics at ephemeral resource patches created by carrion. PLOS ONE. 8(1) Article: e53961
- Barton, Cunningham, Lindenmayer, Manning. (2012). The role of carrion in maintaining biodiversity and ecosystem processes in terrestrial ecosystems. Oecologia. in review.
- Barton, Cunningham, Manning, Gibb, Lindenmayer, Didham. (2012). The spatial scaling of beta diversity. Global Ecology and Biogeography. In review.
- Barton, P.S., Manning, A.D., Gibb, H., Wood, J.T., Lindenmayer, D.B. & Cunningham, S.A. (2011) Experimental reduction of native vertebrate grazing and addition of logs benefits beetle diversity at multiple scales. Journal of Applied Ecology. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2664.2011.01994.x Abstract
- Barton, P.S., Gibb, H., Manning, A.D., Lindenmayer, D.B. & Cunningham, S.A.(2011) Morphological traits as predictors of diet and microhabitat use in a diverse beetle assemblage. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society. 102: 301-310. Abstract
- Barton, P. S., Manning, A. D., Gibb, H., Lindenmayer, D. B. and Cunningham, S. A. (2010).
Fine-scale heterogeneity in beetle assemblages under co-occurring Eucalyptus in the same subgenus.Journal of Biogeography 37 (10), pp. 1927-1937. Abstract
- Barton, P. S., Manning, A. D., Gibb, H., Lindenmayer, D. B. and Cunningham, S. A. (2009). Conserving ground-dwelling beetles in an endangered woodland community: multi-scale habitat effects on assemblage diversity. Biological Conservation 142: 1701-1709. Abstract
- Barton, Cunningham, MacDonald, Manning. (2013) Effects of vertebrate carcasses on soil nutrient heterogeneity in temperate eucalypt woodland. in preparation.
- Barton, Cunningham, Ikin, Manning (2013). An assessment of qualitative and quantitative measures of vegetation structure and its relationship with arthropod diversity. in preparation.
- Howland, B. (2008) Pellet count techniques for estimating the abundance of Eastern Grey Kangaroos in the A.C.T. Honours Thesis. The Australian National University, Canberra. Abstract
- Manning, A. D., Lindenmayer, D. B. , Cunningham, R. B., (2013) Bring forward the benefits of coarse woody debris in the ecosystem recovery under different levels of grazing and vegetation densities. Biological Conservation 157, 204-214. Abstract
- Goldin, S. R. and Hutchinson, M. F. (2013) Coarse woody debris modifies surface soils of degraded temperate eucalypt woodlands. Plant and Soil doi: DOI 10.1007/s11104-013-1642-z Abstract
- Killey, P., McElhinny, C., Rayner, I., and Wood, J. (2010) Modelling fallen branch volumes in a temperate eucalypt woodland: implications for large senescent trees and benchmark loads of coarse woody debris. Austral Ecology no. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-9993.2010.02107.x Abstract
- Manning, A. D., Lindenmayer, D. B. , Cunningham, R. B., (2007) A study of coarse woody debris volumes in two box-gum grassy woodland reserves in the Australian Capital Territory. Ecological Management and Restoration 8, 221-224. Abstract
- Manning, A. D. et al. Woodlands and Woody debris: does structure and composition matter?
- McElhinny, C., Lowson, C., Schneemann, B. and Pachón, C. (2010), Variation in litter under individual tree crowns: Implications for scattered tree ecosystems. Austral Ecology, 35: 87–95. doi: 10.1111/j.1442-9993.2009.02016.x Abstract
- Ground-layer vegetation is heavily modified in box-gum grassy woodlands.
- Two eucalypts are better than one for beetle diversity.
- Large-scale restoration experiment pioneers management of grazing impact on insect diversity.
- Logs are important for biodiversity in Australian Box-Gum Grassy Woodlands.
- Two eucalypts are better than one for beetle diversity.
Tasmanian Bettong Reintroduction
- Canberra Times - March 2013
- 7 News - March 2013
- ABC News Article - January 2013
- 730 ACT Bettong Born - October 2012
- ANU Media Release - May 2012
- ACT Government Media Release - May 2012
- ACT Govenment Eastern Bettong Project.Click here to see project video - May 2012
- 730 ACT Bettong Return- May 2012
- ANU Media Release - October 2011
- ACT Government Media Release - October 2011
- Tasmanian Government Media Release - October 2011
- Cosmos Magazine News Article - November 2011